How to upgrade the firmware in the Instrument
Available firmware languages are: Czech, German, English, Spanish, Portuguese, French and Italian.
- Download the zip file and unzip the firmware program file. The file contains all multiple files with one file per available language.
- Select the file with the preferred language you want to use in the device.
- Press ON to activate the GEO instrument.
- Connect the Instrument to a computer with the mini USB cable. The instrument automatically goes to USB mode. The Instrument appears as a removable drive on Windows computer and as a mounted volume on Mac computers. Copy the firmware file with the preferred language to the instrument’s root library. xxxxx_1000_V10.VL6 (product “1000”, version “10”). Note: Major firmware changes or custom firmware’s may require an extra license file LIC.TXT. This license file should also be copied to the root library.
- Turn off the instrument.
- Press the SEND button when the instrument has been turned off and keep the SEND button pressed. Insert the USB cable to start the upgrade.
- Remove the USB cable when upgrade is completed.