How to upgrading the Firmware (BIOS)
BIOS is the Firmware that handles all hardware in the caliper.
The BIOS needs to be upgraded on occasion as follows:
- Unzip the Downloaded file.
- Reset the MD II+ by giving a short press on all five (5) buttons at the same time on the terminal. The MD II+ resets.
- Navigate to the ”USB” menu with right arrow button.
- Press Enter.
- Connect the USB adapter to the MD II+ and the USB cable to the USB adapter and PC.
- The PC operating system will initiate connection to the DP II+. The *MD II+ now works as a USB memory stick (MSD device)
- Start the PC file explorer and copy the new Bios file (ex. ”MDII+V2.56.DPB+”) to the root directory.
- Also copy this files if they are missing in the root directory: ”autorun.inf”, and ”DPII+.ico”.
- Disconnect the PC with Escape in the MD II+.
- Remove the USB adapter by releasing the stop and pulling the USB adapter backwards.
- Reset the MD II+ with a short press on all five (5) buttons at the same time. The MD II+ restarts and updates the Bios.
- V251 release 2023-05-08
- V252 2023-05-10
- Fix cls() disp reversed didnt clear 4 last pix.
- Volume control high/low
- cpu uses x32ulp instead of x32osc in case of osc error
- V253 2023-05-23 Enable500mA vid uppstart ifall det var tomt batteri
- V254 2023-05-23 Vendor changed to Haglof (Dasa had problem with Linux forester)
- V255 2023-08-30 Support for BMA255 sensor
- V256 2023-11-06 Slovakia flag, Radio butt fix, CHG- + keyscan fix, AD test fix, prg date fix