How to upgrading the Firmware (BIOS)
BIOS is the Firmware that handles all hardware in the caliper.
The BIOS needs to be upgraded on occasion as follows:
- Unzip the Downloaded file.
- Reset the DP II by giving a short press on all five (5) buttons at the same time on the terminal. The DP II resets.
- Navigate to the ”USB” menu with right arrow button.
- Press Enter.
- Connect the USB adapter to the DP II and the USB cable to the USB adapter and PC.
- The PC operating system will initiate connection to the DP II. The DP II now works as a USB memory stick (MSD device)
- Start the PC file explorer and copy the new Bios file (ex. ”DP2 V2.0.DPB”) to the root directory.
- Also copy this files if they are missing in the root directory: ”BiosLoadV10.DPL”, ”autorun.inf”, and ”DPII.ico”.
- Disconnect the PC with Escape in the DP II.
- Remove the USB adapter by releasing the stop and pulling the USB adapter backwards.
- Reset the DP II with a short press on all five (5) buttons at the same time. The DP II restarts and updates the Bios.